Sunday, March 2, 2008

On combining white and blue.

Admittedly it’s been awhile since my last post. Arriving back from full summer in New Zealand back to bleak mid winter in the Delaware valley.
I don’t expect nor desire any sympathy on this front. New Zealand was an amazing opportunity,

Mid winter can for some be a long and slow period. I have never had that problem. Numerous seasonal tasks at Chanticleer occupy my workweek, while lectures and the associated travel has claimed the rest of my weekends. This month talks have taken me to Kansas City, MO. and Dayton, OH. Next weekend will find me in Pittsburgh, Pa, and Cleveland, OH.

I’m flying as I type this post, over a white landscape, back to Philadelphia from Dayton. Lots of things going through my head. People I’ve met at these talks, ideas offered in garden symposiums, experiences both at the podium and in the lobby during breaks with those of us who call ourselves gardeners. Most importantly it seems I’m trying to make sense of how I fit into my industry, what role is it I’m playing? In life?

I’m sure that all of us have days when we are dead sure of our place in this world, and some days when we’re not.
I think that’s OK.

No comments: